My Sick Boy

It's day 2 of Nicholas dealing with his cough and cold, and it feels like it's been a week. It began on Sunday afternoon with a loss of appetite, a slight cough, runny nose, that continued into the night with a fever. I knew Monday morning that I would be housebound for days to care for the little man.

I think I've given a few thousand hugs already, and gone through a few boxes of Kleenex. Nothing can soothe a small toddler who barely can put a sentence together - only mommy has that magic touch. What it means is that it's 24/7 care for Nicholas and all he wants to do is hold my hand. Luckily, Joshua has been healthy through it all, and is quiet during all the fussing.

My mom and sister have been over the past two days, providing food and company while we get through nursing Nicholas back to health. The nice thing is that he passes out at 6 pm, which gives us an evening of relief and quiet time for Cam and I to do our own thing. We haven't had that for months.

I'm hoping that tomorrow will be better for Nicholas, and that the nasty cold will have subsided enough to at least get out for some fresh air. I was able to get out for lunch with my friend Barry - which really made my day. Picked up a few groceries and mom cooked dinner, which saved me some time and work.

Let's cross our fingers that with each cold, his immune system gets stronger!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Baby

Final Countdown - 7 days till due date

21 Weeks!