Mother's Thumb

I never thought holding your baby could result in injury to your hands, but I've definitely got Mother's Thumb. It's better known as tendonitis and mother's typically get it on their thumb and wrists. I've been dealing with it for about a month and it's left me unable to move my thumb without the tendon snapping. I've had some massage therapy to relieve the soft tissue and bought a brace to keep my thumb from moving in awkward positions. Simple tasks like holding a bowl is quite painful, so my left hand is now getting a workout.

Ironically, Nicholas is still holding strong at 17 pounds and he's also crawling around. It likely was a buildup throughout the months to this point. I'm hoping that it will repair itself over the next few weeks, but the recovery period is usually a few months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Baby

Baby Hiccups and Kicking Around

Final Countdown - 7 days till due date