Back to work for mom!

It's been 14 months since I went on maternity leave, and now it's time to go back to work on Tuesday. Hard to believe how quickly the time has gone. We're fortunate that Nicholas will be in excellent hands with my mom and Jean and Bob.

The timing has been perfect. I was able to spend the full year absorbing all the changes that come along with a growing baby into toddlerhood. Now that he's one, he's much more independent, plays by himself and has a regular schedule. The best thing - he sleeps 12 hours each night!

The grandparents will split the care for Nicholas. Cam already drives to his parents' house each day and goes home for lunch, so he'll be able to spend some extra time with Nicholas each day. My schedule won't allow for me to spend as much time with him, but I'm extremely happy with the flexibility that having him at my mom's house offers.

He hasn't developed many words at the moment, so we're hoping that he learns some Cantonese with my mom. He understands some of my commands so far, but has yet to say any words other than 'mama' or 'dada'. He tries to say 'baba' (dad in Cantonese). Let's see if he can develop some of his language skills in the next few weeks.

One thing he has recently mastered that we're hoping goes away is throwing a tantrum. The scream is unbearable at times and you'd think he would lose his voice at the pitch he yells at. He mostly does it when we take him away from something he was trying to do. Perhaps the tantrums will disappear when he learns to talk.

Bring on 2011!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Baby

Final Countdown - 7 days till due date

21 Weeks!