21 Weeks!



Baby planning is definitely a lot different than wedding planning. The baby is here forever, where a wedding takes place on one day and then it's over. With 3 weeks until our anniversary, I was feeling sad tonight that it is coming up so soon as I had such a good time with friends and family.

I'm glad that baby planning is occupying me daily to keep me busy. At 22 weeks, we've managed this week to pick up a crib and find a doula. I was finally able to make it to Kiddytown last week to check out the cribs. The decision was simple as the crib I chose was the right price, included a mattress and doesn't require any additional pieces to turn it into all the other bed options when Nicholas grows.

Doula Search Done
I also completed my interviews of 3 doulas and have picked one that I think will do a great job for us. They were all extremely nice, gentle and friendly woman. I talked to one nasty doula -- imagine that -- on the phone who was a bit too vocal about her philosophies, so I didn't even bother to go to the interview stage with her. My goal is to have a positive birth experience with good pain management and support. Cam is already an extremely calming person, so that is already great reassurance.

Baby Kicks
The baby kicks are definitely growing in intensity and frequency. They still feel like muscle twinges and sometimes, I feel like my stomach is growling. Nicholas is about 1 pound now and I can't wait until the kicks become more distinguished so that Cam can feel them too. He tried to feel them last night, but Nicholas wasn't in the mood to kick. Maybe in a few weeks.

Pregnancy Brain
They say it will happen and I realized today that it does! I was driving home in my car and the tunic I was wearing felt a bit prickly. I looked at my shirt and couldn't figure out why the sequins to my shirt were on the inside. I noticed earlier in the day that there were a lot of loose threads on my shirt. I soon discovered that I had gone all day with my shirt INSIDE OUT! What a loser! I couldn't stop giggling and thank god it looked normal to wear it in reverse!



Comments

  1. You look gorgeous, Debs! Love to you, Cam and baby Nicholas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Masha goof!! You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Baby

Final Countdown - 7 days till due date