Week 20 - The Belly Appears

I have finally reached 20 weeks and the belly is definitely larger than a pot now. Cam's nick name for me is 'chubby'. I've been feeling some more light kicks that really feel like muscle twinges in the belly. I keep pushing down on the belly to try to wake Nicholas up, but I guess he doesn't kick on demand. The growth spurt has also caused me to gain 4 pounds in 1 week. I haven't experienced any ravaging feelings of hungriness, but I do make sure I keep a lot of food on hand during the day. The past few weeks, I've been eating a pint of blueberries every day. The result - I don't think I'll share everything, but I'm hoping that I'm getting a lot of antioxidants. Cherries area also in season, so it's been a daily part of my diet as well.

We've also come up with a middle name for Nicholas as well. My mom has suggested "Ying" after my grandfather. My grandfather Ying is now 93 and has a very long, happy life filled with global experiences and friends. So the official name is "Nicholas Ying Read". We have a name to call him when we talk to the belly now!

This week, I've also had the opportunity to talk to a few doulas. My goal is to have a good experience with my delivery. I'm choosing the least painful route and hoping that a doula will help provide the support I need when the time comes for Nicholas to make his entry into the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Baby

Final Countdown - 7 days till due date

21 Weeks!