Nicholas Visits Montreal - Wed., July 15



This week, I took Nicholas to Montreal during Amelia's visit to Ottawa. The day was beautiful, so we thought we'd drive out to my favorite city to visit some of our favorite spots. We visited St. Laurent so that Amelia could dive into a tasty sandwich at Schwartzes. I chose to feed Nicholas some chicken from Coco Rico. I've always wondered what it tasted like, so thought that it was time we did a taste test and plus, he was hungry.

For dessert, I fed him a chocolate croissant from my favorite bakery - Au Pain Dore. There's nothing like chocolate croissants from Montreal! Yum Yum. I seem to be addicted to them lately.

After lunch, we drove up to Mont Royal for a nice scenic walk amongst the beautiful park. My mom keeps telling me to enjoy leisurely walks while pregnant, so I took advantage of the beautiful surroundings and soaked up the scenery. The Chinese believe that you are supposed to surround yourself with a poetic existence during pregnancy so that you will be calm and to expose the baby to beauty early on in life.

Our last visit of the day was to Old Montreal. The port was filled with people enjoying drinks and food on patios, artists all around and lots of families with kids. I can't stop looking at strollers and examining their users to see how happy they are with them.

Since it was hot, we decided to end the day with some gelato. My obsession with chocolate during this pregnancy meant that I had to choose the choco chocolate flavor! Delicious and nice and cold for a hot sunny day.

We got Nicholas home safe and sound for dinner time. There will be many more visits to Montreal in the future for him. He'll have lots of little friends to meet there as well - Matisse, Anna, Max, and a new little one coming soon for Therese and JF.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Baby

Final Countdown - 7 days till due date

21 Weeks!