Growth Spurt - 3 weeks

Nicholas has hit his 3 week growth spurt. How do I know? 5-7 hour feedings a few times this week was our biggest clue. I never knew about the constant feeding schedule. I thought that he'd be eating for 20 min., we'd change him, burp him and then we'd be free for 2 hours before the next feeding. Reality hasn't quite been that way.

Growth wise, he's grown both in length and weight. His head seems bigger and he's developing fat underneath his chin and in his legs. Soon, they'll be big like drumsticks. We're anxious to get his weight checked out soon to see how much he really has grown.

He's also been exhibiting what I call the 'angry baby syndrome'. This is where he'll be breastfeeding and an ejection of milk will come out causing him to moan and groan like an angry baby because the milk flow is too quick. I couldn't quite figure it out at first, but when I realized what it was, I was relieved to know that this is normal. It's quite funny to watch because he'll scream because the milk is flowing to fast, but then he'll open his mouth seconds later wanting more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Baby

Final Countdown - 7 days till due date

21 Weeks!