Nicholas has a Deadline

We're now into December and baby Nicholas is now measuring around 8 pounds, has a full head of hair, and long legs. We went to our post date ultrasound yesterday to see what he was up to and everything is still looking great. I think he's itching to get out as his movements in the belly have been more forceful and you can see my whole belly shift as he gets comfortable. He's even begun to do some kicking in the middle of the night - perhaps he's telling me that he's ready for a midnight snack!

After seeing Dr. Farrell yesterday, he recommended that if Nicholas does not arrive before the 6th, we'll be induced this Sunday due to my higher than normal blood pressure. I think I'm still in denial that I will have a baby in my arms by next week, but it really doesn't seem real. I've lived with him in the belly for 9 months, but to have a real baby in my arms - now that's completely foreign. We're completely ready for his arrival at least - his bed is made, sheets clean, diapers purchased, nursery setup, clothes cleaned, car seats installed - he just needs to come out in a gentle way.

Physically - I still have an abundance of energy. Last week was my big cleaning week, and this week I'm savoring my time for the little things that need to get done. I've done more laundry than normal as I keep dribbling food and in particular, grease stains have remained on my shirts. I don't think I've ever had any grease stains until now. Toothpaste drippings are also found on my shirts often when I'm out. I guess it will be replaced by drool and baby food in the upcoming months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Baby

Final Countdown - 7 days till due date

21 Weeks!