Baby Hiccups and Kicking Around

Baby Hiccups
This week marks the first time our little Nicholas started hiccups in the womb. At first, I couldn't figure out what the spasms were, as they are usually down low in the belly. I heard about babies having hiccups in the womb and wondered how you'd know - but our little guy seems to be having them quite often these days that it's got to be hiccups. Apparently, they are quite normal and caused by the intake of amniotic fluid and breathing.

Kicking Around
The other night, I decided to turn from my left side over to the right - which I do every night. This time, it was about 4 am and I instantly felt him kicking me continuously. I shrugged it off as his night time partying in the belly and even tried to wake Cam to tell him about it. The next day, Sue advised me that it was likely Nicholas telling me that I was pushing down on him and making him uncomfortable! Hahha....a far cry from a belly party. I am now more aware of his gestures and do notice him nudging me when I press my belly against the sink when brushing my teeth, or when I'm pressed up against my desk at work. 

Comments

  1. Aw, Debbie! Too cute - I wish I was there to see your belly! Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Baby

21 Weeks!

Final Countdown - 7 days till due date