Glucose Test Time!

Nearing my 28th week, it was time for the fantastic experience of downing a can of pure sugar. I was careful not to eat any sugar prior and arrived at the clinic. The nurse handed me the drink and I had imagined it being gross and possibly gagging on it. It was the opposite - after one sip, I finished it in 20 seconds. Then came the 1 hour wait before they needed to test my blood. Well, I thought I was going to read a book, but I ended knocking right out and felt extremely drowsy. I was advised that I couldnt' walk anywhere but to the bathroom. I lasted the hour, but I felt as though I hadn't slept. Thank goodness I asked the nurse what I could eat afterwards - avoid sugar and carbs was what I was told.

After a whole afternoon of errands and some Lebanese food to fill my stomach, I got home at about 4 pm and completely crashed. I took a nap at 5 pm and then had to lie down at 7 pm for another hour. After all that - I finally feel much better, but that feeling of having no energy was horrible! I hope to god I passed the test because if I had to do a retest - it's a 3 hour wait!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Baby

Final Countdown - 7 days till due date

21 Weeks!