What Exhaustion Feels Like

This week was the first time where I felt the complete exhaustion from lacking sleep with a new baby. It was the first week where Cam was back to work, so I didn't have my morning helper which was what Cam usually did when he was off - changing the morning diaper and lulling Nicholas back to sleep at night so that I could get some zz's.

Nicholas had one night of constant feeding and by the time I got to sleep - it was close to 5 am. My body the next day felt as though I was hit by a train. I had flu like symptoms - but it was only due to a lack of sleep. My sinuses seem to be giving me some issues as well - at first, I thought it was a pimple developing on the bridge of my nose, but have since discovered that it's likely a sinus infection.

I realized this morning that the lack of sleep with a new baby is worse than the experience I had after I partied all week in Cancun with no sleep, too much sun, lots of drinking and bad food. Mind you, I was 22 at that time. It's also worse than travelling on a non stop flight from North America to Japan - that experience was tiring, but I think having a baby is worse.

The past few nights have been better. I've mastered a new technique for getting him to sleep and feed him in the dark so that he falls right back alseep. I'm crossing my fingers that my magic spell will continue to work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Baby

Final Countdown - 7 days till due date

21 Weeks!