Off to Start My New Job for 14 Months

I am officially done work! YEAH! I finished on Friday and it's slowly sinking in that I now have to learn a whole new job of being a mother.  The last few weeks of work was extremely busy, but I also took the time to savor the time with my team.  I've been blessed to have worked with the most amazing team that has been supportive, fun, dynamic and definitely made coming in each day fantastic. We definitely laughed a lot and I will miss all that. Cam is also looking forward to taking a full month off for parenting duties, even if it means feedings throughout the night.

I am now hoping that Nicholas stays in the belly for at least 3 more weeks, so that I can get some of the last minute things completed like visiting friends, preparing for labor, writing my birth plan - all things that I saved for the last few weeks to accomplish.

The growth in my belly has been phenomenal this past week. He must be packing on the pounds because my belly feels huge. Just hitting my 37th week today, it's only been this past week that I've noticed the growth spurt. I haven't been eating any more than normal, thank goodness, but the belly just keeps growing outwards. It looks like a big beach ball. His movements are more regular and it feels as though he's trying to get out. I love watching my belly change shape each night as he moves and stretches around.

Another change I've noticed have been my feet. I never thought that they'd grow, but they have stretched a bit. I can now fit into a pair of shoes that were too big for me last year. I hope that they go back to 7 1/2 because my shoe collection will be completely wasted!

I'm sure there are more changes to come - with 3 more weeks left, the time is here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Baby

Final Countdown - 7 days till due date

21 Weeks!